Message to the LGBTQ+ Community and Allies |
TERF propaganda has been spotted locally in Madison. TERFs (Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists) push extreme anti-transgender views under the guise of “radical feminism.” They are committed to removing rights from transgender people, and willing to ally with conservatives to that end.
- TERFs believe that trans women are predatory men who are trying to invade women’s spaces like bathrooms, changerooms, women’s talk groups, etc.
- TERFs believe that trans women are sexually predatory men targeting women.
- TERFs believe that transgender men are actually confused women who are suffering from self-hatred and internalized misogyny.
- Much like religious homophobes, TERFs believe that “innocent children” will be harmed by accepting or interacting with regular trans people going about their lives.
- TERFs believe that transgender people are not oppressed by transphobia and that transphobia does not exist
Trans rights are human rights. TERFs threaten LGBTQ+ solidarity and intersectionality. We cannot allow hate and recruiting in Madison.
Their propaganda has been in the form of social media groups and posts, and stickers around town. These stickers have self-described themselves as “TERF,” and often refer to women or transphobia. Thanks for reading! ~ Your trans neighbor